VBS 2016 is Here!
This week, Pastor John hands over the TAGD keyboard to Scott Williams, Northpoint’s Pastor of Adults and Families.
I can’t believe it is already here, but VBS is next week! Starting Monday night, July 11, anywhere from 200-300 kids will be gathered in our Heritage Hall to go on a journey of discovering more about God’s amazing grace. This year, our VBS is called PROOF Pirates: Finding the Treasure of God’s Amazing Grace.
So much in life tells us that it is our performance that makes us who we are. This is especially true for kids. This can even seep its way into their thinking about their relationship with Christ. “If I want to be deserving of a relationship with Christ, then I need to act a certain way.” The message of God’s grace is so different and so much better.
Paul states in Ephesians 2:8-9: “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.” In this year’s PROOF Pirates VBS, kids will explore Ephesians and learn how God saves scallywags like you and me.
With close to 300 kids on our campus all week, you can imagine that it will take an army of volunteers to pull off an event like this. If you have not yet volunteered to help and would like to, let me highlight a couple of areas to serve:
– 5th Grade Class still needs a few adult volunteers
– 4th grade class could use 1 or 2 adult volunteers
– Adult meals prep support
– Kid’s snack team
– Misc. clean up each night
If you would like to help out in any of those areas, or in another, please come to the VBS meeting after 2nd service this Sunday, or email Andria Brucks at email@example.com.
Also, your prayers for this coming week are greatly needed and would be much-appreciated. Church family, here are some specific ways you can be in prayer for our VBS:
– Pray that we would be joined by many families that are not a part of Northpoint.
– Pray that each of the kids in attendance would have an open heart to the message of God’s redeeming grace.
– Pray that God would strengthen and encourage this year’s VBS leadership team of Tina vanHaaster and Jubilee Arabe.
– Pray that our teachers would be clear and passionate when sharing the gospel message:
- Phil vanHaaster – Teaching Monday and Tuesday
- Ryan Lemen – Teaching Wednesday and Thursday
- Terilyn Brown-Teaching Friday
– Pray for all of our grade level leaders and their teams:
- Kindergarten – Heidi Holt
- 1st Grade – Chantel Leyba
- 2nd Grade – Deanna Holton
- 3rd Grade – Heidi Kraus
- 4th Grade – Jenn Lemen
- 5th Grade – CJ Esperjesi
- 6th Grade – Kim Williams
– Pray that God would use Tri Nguyen and his band as they lead us each night in joy-filled worship.
– Pray that God would use our skit team, led by Matt and Amy Beyersdorf, as they introduce each night’s theme.
– Pray that all of our small group leaders would have rich spiritual conversations with their kids.
– Also, please remember in prayer all of the many volunteers serving in so many other ways like crafts, snacks, games, medical response, and all the others that I have failed to mention!
I am so thankful that we have a ministry here at Northpoint that takes seriously the gospel and the charge to teach it to the next generation. Can’t wait to see all the ways God reveals himself to the kids and leaders this next week.