REGISTER ONLINE HERE TODAY!
This year, we’re bringing the kids back to the Northpoint campus over the week of July 5-9 for Vacation Bible School! All kids entering kindergarten through sixth grade are welcome!
1. Scholarships are available (If you need financial assistance, please contact Dani Tiqui at firstname.lastname@example.org or 951.734.1335 x2812, or Terilyn Brown at email@example.com or 951.734.1335 x2827 for a discount code to be used while registering online HERE).
2. If you’re interested in helping us pull off this event, see Miss Teri on the playground THIS Sunday after each service. Can’t make it? Contact Terilyn Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. If you’d like to make a financial donation for VBS (for scholarships and supplies), you can do so HERE on our secure giving page, or drop off a check made out to “Northpoint Church” with “VBS Scholarships” written on the memo line.
4. We need donations: large boxed individual bags of chips, fruit snacks, and Rice Crispy Treats, large boxes of Goldfish, Ziploc sandwich size and snack size baggies, and small and regular-sized water bottles. We’ll also need people to purchase bags of ice for various days and times for each night of VBS (contact Dani Tiqui at email@example.com or 951.734.1335 x2812).
Thank you for checking out our NP K!DS’ page. Here, we hope you’ll find everything you need to know to get your children involved in God’s work at Northpoint. You’ll find information about our Sunday gatherings, how to register, resources for those who want to meet in person but can’t, and much more. If you don’t find what you need, contact Northpoint’s Children’s Director, Terilyn Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 951.281.2827, or Dani Tiqui at email@example.com, or 951.281.2825; we’d be delighted to chat with you!
Our Sunday Program During the 9:00 a.m. Service:
Our K!DS’ program is for children birth through 6th grade. Here’s how we break it down: Our Nursery is for kids from birth through one year old. Our loving adults create a happy, safe, and playful environment so that you can enjoy the service without worry. Kids ages two through three grouped together, as are our four and five-year-olds (kindergarten and under). Both of those early childhood groups enjoy a time of worship, Bible story, crafts, snack, and time on our playground. Our elementary kids (grades one through six) are generally grouped by their grades for their small group Sunday school, where they hear the day’s Bible lesson, engage with special activities to enhance the teaching. From there, all elementary grades gather together for their “big group time,” which includes a short review of the day’s lesson, worship, group games, a snack, and time on our playground.
Both our early childhood and elementary sections use The Gospel Project for Kids. With it, we go through the Bible every three years to impact the three stages of childhood development from two years old through sixth grade. Our curriculum covers many of the main Bible stories from the Old and New Testaments to demonstrate how each story points to Christ’s redemptive work and our continued need for a Savior to redeem and restore us.
If would like to review our curriculum, please click here to watch a video by Pastor Matt Chandler from the Village Church, who does a superb job of explaining the importance of having a Christ-centered view of all of Scripture. To read more, please click here to open the “scope and sequence” of all the Bible lessons that will be taught through in three years. You can also contact Terilyn Brown at 951.281.28271 to schedule a “hands-on” review of the curriculum.
Plan Your First Visit With Us:
Here’s how Sundays work – For your child to attend Sunday School, please check them in before the church service starts at 9:00 a.m., at the NP K!DS Check-in Room, which is located east of the water wall. Once checked in, all children who are in kindergarten and under will be taken by their parents to their classrooms. All first through sixth graders will begin the morning with their parents in the worship service. After the first two worship songs, kids will be dismissed by the worship leader to their Sunday school teachers, who are waiting in the Foyer to take them to Sunday school. Then, all children will remain in their classrooms, waiting for parents to them pick up as soon as the church service is over.
- Please have your children comfortable shoes (We’ll be running!)
After Your First Visit:
If, after your first visit (or second, or third!), you want to get your children fully plugged into our Sunday NP K!DS (and all of our K!DS’ programs), please take the time to register them online for the year. You can you do that HERE, or look for the QR Code at the Check-in Room.
Beyond Sunday mornings:
Northpoint offers programs for birth-sixth grade for moms attending Women of the Word (Bible study and small groups) on Wednesday mornings, and for parents attending some of our Growth Groups during the week. We are also planning for this year’s VBS/Vacation Bible School (new kindergarteners-new sixth graders), happening in the evening, the week of July 5-9, 2021, and for Winter Camp, which will take place in early January 2022, at Ironwood Christian Camp in Newberry Springs.
For Those Already Part of the NP Family:
- During the week, we encourage you to make family time with your children to review the Sunday school video lesson below. We post one monthly message from Miss Terri along with weekly lesson videos. We hope this tool becomes one of your family traditions. If your child happens to miss a Sunday, we will keep the past Sunday’s activity pages/materials outside the Resource Room (located under the east stairway) for you to pick up day or night.
- Click HERE to download our monthly Parents’ Page.
- If you’d like to help out once a month, or bi-monthly, serving on our children’s Sunday morning ministry team, please email Terilyn Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to help at this time, we would love to hear how your children are doing and if there is anything more we can do to make their experience here better and better.
So, in this month of May, let us give thanks to the Lord with our whole hearts as we glorify His name forever! Let us all continue to be excited in our prayers, as we ask the Lord to protect our church family and as we continue to grow closer to Him and to each other. And may we also find more and more ways for your children to connect with others that will result in forever friendships. We promise to do our best in supporting you as you model a life with Christ as your Lord and Savior before them. We are delighted God brought you here to be a part of His Northpoint family.
For more information, please contact Northpoint’s Children’s Director, Terilyn Brown, at email@example.com, or 951.281.2827, or Dani Tiqui at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 951.281.2825.
For God’s Kids,
Ministry Director, Children
Children’s Ministry Registration for 2021-2022
It’s that time of year to re-register your child in our Children’s Ministry program. To make it easier, we have created an online form that will allow you to complete registration at home. Click HERE to register online (make sure to refresher your browser once there), or look for the QR Code at the Check-in Room.
Northpoint K!DS’ “Big Group Time”
Just in case you missed any of our on-campus NP K!DS’ Sunday School gatherings during the month of May (or will), below you’ll find a video from Miss Terri reviewing our month’s theme and memory verse challenge. You’ll also find videos from the Gospel Project of Kids summarizing each week’s Bible lesson.
Take a look below!
1 . This Month’s Video Overview
2. Watch Lesson Reviews
This is where the Gospel Project for Kids video outlines for this month’s lessons should be, but we can’t show it here due to licensing restrictions. However, you can get the videos (and all the rest of Big Group Time you see here) through a link in Northpoint’s all-church email, NP News. Click HERE to subscribe.
May 2 – The Church Showed Favoritism (James 2:1-13)
May 9 – Mother’s Day – Love One Another (1 John 3:10-18)
May 16 – Paul’s Letters to Church Leaders (1 Timothy 4:11-16, 2 Timothy 4:1-8, Titus 2:11-14)
May 23 – Children of God (Romans 8:12-39)
May 30 – A Transformed Mind (Romans 12:1-18, 1 Corinthians 1-9, Philippians 1:3-7)
You are all in our hearts and prayers. If there is anything you can do for your family, know we are here for you!
AWANA (Off Until 2021)
AWANA stands for Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed, which is a paraphrase of 2 Timothy 2:15. AWANA seeks to help you in training your children to walk in God’s pathways rather than those of the world. Our AWANA Clubs are part of a worldwide ministry, headquartered in Streamwood, Illinois. We are not meeting at present due to COVID. Check back soon!
Virtual VBS JULY 2020 – Recap
Hey NP K!DS,
Our Virtual VBS 2020 was a blast! Watch all of the videos on the Northpoint YouTube channel. Here’s the recap:
Northpoint Winter Camp 2020 Recap
Over the weekend of January 3-5, 2020, 15 Northpoint leaders took 32 fourth–sixth graders up to Thousand Pines for Winter Camp 2020! Our own Rich Simpson taught from John 7:38 to show that just as we can’t survive in this life without water, we can’t survive eternity without Jesus, our LIVING WATER. Tri Nguyen joyfully echoed that gospel truth through song. Thank you to our NP family for your prayers and support to get us up the hill; now, please pray that the seeds planted would grow into faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior.
Take a look below to get an idea of what we did at Winter Camp.
Children’s Ministry Director