I never cease to be amazed at how God works when His people join together to bring glory to His name. I have heard story after story about conversations focused on the gospel that took place as a result of the Tea. Most of our guests came from outside of our church family–many of whom may have never before heard why Jesus came so long ago. I want to thank the 200 some men and women who helped to make the Christmas Tea such a success. Each one one of you was essential to accomplishing this outreach. God’s glory shined brightly in you all.
I have received many requests for the delicious recipes used in creating the Tea. The soup was catered by Panera Bread. However, the recipes for the salad dressing and scones follow. Enjoy!
Director of Women’s Ministries
3 cups soybean, canola or vegetable oil
2 cups apple cider vinegar
1 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup honey
3 tbsp. white sugar
1/2 oz. dehydrated onion
1/4 tsp. powdered onion
1 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon
2 tsp. dried thyme
2 tsp. fresh chopped garlic
2 tsp. kosher salt
2 tsp. black pepper
NORTHPOINT TRADITIONAL SCONES
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In large bowl, mix following dry ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all purpose white flour, sifted
2 tbsp. white sugar
1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3. Cut in butter until fine crumbs.
1/3 cup butter, room temperature
4. In separate bowl, beat following wet ingredients together:
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla (optional)
1/2 tsp. almond extract (optional)
1/4 cup cranberries, dried and chopped (optional)
5. Make a well with dry ingredients and pour in wet ingredients. Stir with a fork (or hands) gently until dough holds together.
6. With hands, bring dough together into ball. Pour out onto floured work surface and knead gently about 10-15 times. (Handle dough as little as possible.)
7. Roll out or press with fingers to 3/4″ think circle (about 8″ diameter). Cut into 8 wedges.
8. Brush tops with water and sprinkle on raw sugar.
2 tbsp. raw sugar
9. Transfer to cookie sheets lined with parchment paper leaving 1″ space between.
10. Bake 12-14 minutes. Transfer to cooling racks and cool completely.