Pastor Scott Williams
Introduction: We all know that as Christians, being part of a church is important, but does that mean an impeccable attendance record will lead us to truly experiencing the type of community that the Bible describes? What is the essence of biblical community? What is lost if we fail to embrace this type of community?
Questions for Discussion & Discovery
1. What would you say are the essential elements of a healthy community where people are growing in Christ?
2. What would you say are the major hindrances to achieving the type of healthy community that Scripture describes?
3. How does God use believing relationships to remind us of our identity in Christ?
4. While Hebrews 10:24-25 is more then just an admonition toward church attendance on Sunday, it certainly does not mean less than that. Why is forming a pattern of regular church attendance an important element of biblical community?
5. Hebrews says to “stir one another up toward love and good deeds.” What does this mean for us personally and also corporately?
6. When was the last time you asked someone to pray for you where the content was not addressing external circumstances, but rather your internal struggles like fear, self- righteousness, impatience, lust, greed?
1. Redemptive Community is one where we understand and embrace our need for change.
2. Redemptive Community is marked by devotion to being with the family of God.
3. Redemptive Community encourages each other with the hope of where God is taking us.