Abide in Christ: Our Relationship with God
full. – John 15:1-11
Christ calls us to bear fruit in our lives and in the world. We bear fruit only when we abide in Christ. Pray that we at Northpoint will abide in Christ and that He will abide in us, so we can bear much fruit. Pray for Christ’s words for yourself, your family, our church, and whomever God lays on your heart.
• Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. Christ’s Word cleanses us. Praise God for your salvation and security in Christ.
• As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. We only bear fruit by being connected to Christ. Pray for a spirit of dependence that remembers: Without Him we can do nothing, but we can do all things through Him who strengthens us.
• If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. The consequences of not abiding in Christ are severe. Ask God for a healthy and holy fear of Him.
• If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. Abiding in Christ brings answered prayer and glorifies God the Father. Praise God for using you to bring Him glory. Expect Him to answer when you pray.
• As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. The Father’s love comes through the Son. Abide in Christ’s love by obeying His commandments, as Jesus did.
• These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. Serving the Father’s purpose brings joy. Receive the joy He has for you now and forever.
Abiding in Christ: Things to Remember
1. The Father’s purpose is for us to bear fruit.
2. He prunes branches that bear fruit and discards branches that don’t.
3. We bear fruit when we abide in Christ and He abides in us.
4. If we don’t abide in Christ, we are thrown away, wither, and are burned.
5. Abiding in Christ brings answered prayer.
6. Bearing fruit glorifies the Father and proves we are Jesus’ disciples.
7. We can do nothing apart from Christ.
8. The Father’s love flows from Him to the Son and from the Son to us.
9. We abide in Christ’s love by obeying His commandments, just as Jesus kept His Father’s commandments and abides in His love.
10. Abiding in Christ brings us Joy.
Abiding in Christ: Prayer for Northpoint
1. Our Pastors and Directors: Brent Whitefield, Scott Williams, Terilyn Brown, Geoff Grant, Taylor Mendoza, Tamene Menna, and Marty Wiegman;
2. Our Lay Elders: Tim East, Steve Flood, Mark Kiker, Mike Russell, and Vinoj Zechariah:
3. Our Church Staff: Michelle Balga, Bob Brown, Andria Brucks, Jacob Williams, Carolee Jefferson, Josh Figureoa, Amber McEwen, Mark Norland, Corie Saunders, and Teri Vaughn
4. John Sloan, Brent Whitefield and their families: Seek God’s Grace and guidance and blessing as they serve Him in the churches where He is calling them.
5. Our Church Body: Ask God to give us the joy of seeing Him accomplish His purpose in us at Northpoint. Pray that we will learn to abide in Him, bear much fruit, and glorify our heavenly
Northpoint Prayer Ministry
– Each week, Dave writes a monthly Bible reading plan and weekly Bible and prayer focus, Prayer Life. The preceding is the latest Prayer Life installment. You can pick up both offerings at the Information Center in the Foyer on Sundays, or sign up there to receive them via email. You can also click here to find the archive.