DECEMBER 20 – DECEMBER 26
JESUS WAS BORN
Hey K!ds, We are in crazy times right now. Did you know that there were crazy times back when Jesus was born too? God is in control of all things as He will show us in this week’s story. God used an unbelieving emperor to bring about His plan. God used lowly shepherds to bring about His plan. God used an ordinary couple for His plan. Find out why this plan, which happened so long ago, is the most important plan to ever know? If you finish this lesson, you will be ready to share God’s amazing plan too.
There are five challenges for you to do below:
1. Kid’s let’s start with our review story that might have a laugh and some noisy bears in it too . Then we will be ready to join in with Mr. Tri, Mr. Troy, Mr. Joel and Mr. Holt leading us in our song to God. Then we will be ready then to hear from God’s messenger this week, Mr. Rich
2. This is where the video outline of this week’s lesson, Jesus Forgives and Restores, should be, but we can’t show it here due to licensing restrictions. However, you can get the video (and all the rest of Big Group Time you see here) through a link in Northpoint’s all-church email, NP News. Click HERE to subscribe.
Now find out the right answers these questions below, as you lookfor yourself, what the Bible says the answer is.
1. To what city did Mary and Joseph travel? (Luke 2:4)
2. Mary and Joseph went to Bethlehem because Joseph was a descendant of which king? (Luke 2:4)
3. What did Mary wrap Baby Jesus in? (Luke 2:7)
4. Whom did the angel of the Lord appear? (Luke 2:8-9)
5. How did the shepherds feel when they saw the angel? (Luke 2:9)
6. What type of news did the angel tell the shepherds? (Luke 2:10)
7. What did the angel say the shepherds could find Baby Jesus? (Luke 2:12)
8. What does the name Jesus mean? (Matthew 1:21)
Last big question, K!ds. Why was Jesus Born? Yes, Jesus was born to rescue us from sin!
December Memory Verses:
Matthew 1:21 She will bear a Son and you shall call His name Jesus, He will save His people from their sins.
Matthew 28:19-20 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.
For numbers 4 and 5, get your parents!
For our NP Parents:
NP K!DS’ Resources for THIS week:
4. You can read an article, Jesus was Born, written just for this week, by the Gospel Project, that our teachers would have read in preparation for teaching their lessons this past Sunday. It’s insightful, helpful, and encouraging! Please read it HERE.
5. Here are a few activity pages your children can enjoy doing. They come from our teachers’ Sunday school curriculum. Download them by clicking HERE.
Have a great week of trusting and obeying your wonderful Jesus. We hope to see you on Sunday mornings at 9:00 a.m. But whether or not you’re able to come, please know you are all in your Sunday school teachers’ hearts and prayers every single day.
Ministry Director, Children
Northpoint Evangelical Free Church
Text Messages to 951.642.3222