Sermon Notes & Slides – 5.22.2016
Live Brave, Not Safe
Oscar Muriu, Senior Pastor of Nairobi Chapel
01. The nature of mustard seed faith:
02. Living brave:
1. Do not let the smallness of your vision . . . limit the greatness of God!
2. Jesus said “I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, `Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” – Matthew 17:20
3. DO YOUR PRAYERS MAKE GOD SWEAT?
4. 10 BIG, HAIRY, AUDACIOUS PRAYER GOALS
5. “Thus says the Lord . . . If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all.” – Isaiah 7:9
6. “Here’s the choice that our Father wants us to understand as Christians—and I believe this is the choice of our age: ‘Do you want to be brave or safe?’ . . . because you cannot be both! Doing God’s will in a fallen world is inherently dangerous. In fact, if following Jesus doesn’t feel dangerous right now, you should probably pause and check to see if it’s actually Jesus you’re following.” – Gary Haugen, International Justice Mission
7. “Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness.” – Acts 4:29
8. “I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one.” – II Corinthians 11
9. “Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him.” – Psalm 115:3