The Goal: A Life Poured Out
2 Timothy 4:6-22
Overview: In closing his letter, Paul uses himself as a model to Timothy (as well as to us) about finishing life well by fulfilling the ministry that God has given each of us to do. To finish well, one must remain focused on the Lord’s goal for our lives. Here Paul gives some examples of what that means, what it looks like.
01. Regardless of age, gender, education, etc., you have a ministry to fulfill, a goal still to be reached
02. Prepare, train, and nurture yourself to meet the goal.
03. Be ready to deal with hard times, obstacles, doubts, fears.
04. Expect the Lord’s help.
QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION & DISCOVERY
1. Would it change anything within you if you viewed death as an “act of worship”? And if “yes,” then how; if “no,” then why not?
2. Through Paul’s various letters, we see that he experienced numerous defeats and disappointments in his ministry (for example, think of Corinth, Galatians, etc.). Yet in verses 6-8, Paul expresses a real sense of accomplishment. Why is that, do you think?
3. What do you see as God’s goals for your life currently? Be as specific as you can.
4. In your mind, do you see these goals as being reachable? And if so, why; and if not attainable, why?
5. How passionate do you see yourself being about your goals?